Holistic dentistry — interchangeably used with natural or biological dentistry — empathizes the mouth-body connection, where oral health is part of a system and needs to be treated that way. At Buscemi Family Dentistry in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, holistic dentistry is central to everything we do. This approach to dental care by our Michigan holistic dentist, Dr. Vincent Buscemi, ensures you reap maximum benefits for your best dental health and overall wellness.
Services offered by a holistic dentist
Holistic dentists provide a wide range of services similar to those offered by traditional dentists. However, we differentiate ourselves by using non-toxic materials and techniques to prevent introducing potential health issues into your body. This means restorations like mercury fillings have no place in our dentistry.
Some of our services include:
- General dentistry: We value healthy smiles, but we know such smiles can’t be achieved without being proactive. We offer preventive dental care services like dental exams, cleanings, and digital radiographs to prevent, detect, and treat oral problems before they become painful and expensive to treat
- Cosmetic dentistry: We offer porcelain veneers, teeth whitening, crowns, and other treatments to bring out the best version of your smile. Our cosmetic dentistry aims not just to improve dental aesthetics — we want to enhance your oral function, facial harmony, and confidence. Our restorations are created using ceramics. We don’t use metal to reduce the introduction of further disturbances in the body
- Restorative dentistry: We use composite fillings and ceramic crowns to restore the beauty and function of your smile. Our holistic restorative dental care ensures your smile feels as good as it looks
- Airway dentistry: This field focuses on the structure of the oral cavity and how that impacts breathing. We look for signs of sleep-disordered breathing, including chronic snoring, interrupted breathing, mouth breathing, etc., to identify and treat airway-related disorders before they cause further health problems
- Laser dentistry: Laser dentistry helps us to reshape gums, disinfect teeth, and erase tooth staining using a concentrated light beam. Unlike traditional treatments, lasers are minimally invasive, resulting in minimal post-procedure downtime and improved healing time
Ready to optimize your oral health with holistic dentistry?
If you are in Bloomfield Hills, MI, and its environs, please call (248) 654-8848 to schedule an appointment with Buscemi Family Dentistry. With our integrative dentistry, you’ll enjoy effective and least-invasive dental care.
Share this Article