Thank you for choosing our office. As your dentist, we are committed to providing you with quality care. In order to reduce confusion and misunderstanding we have adopted the following financial policy.
Basic Financial Policies
- Payment is due at the time of service unless other arrangements have been approved in advance.
- We accept cash, personal checks, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover and CareCredit.
- Services rendered for dependent children are to be paid by the parent who brings the child to the office for treatment, regardless of marital status or divorce status.
- We are an out-of network provider. We do not let insurance companies dictate the quality of care we provide.
- Your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company. As a courtesy we will file your insurance claim for you.
- All insurance plans are not the same and do not cover the same services. In the event your insurance determines a service to be not covered, you will be responsible for the complete charge. Payment is due at the time of service or upon receipt of a statement from our office.
- If you receive payment from your insurance carrier when the payment should have come directly to our office, you will bring the check and explanation of benefits or attached paperwork into this office. Failure to do so will result in collection action.
- All payments are due at the time of service. An additional charge of $25.00 will be applied to your account if payment is not received to cover costs of sending out statements.