People generally know that they should take care of their teeth and gums and that routine dental procedures like cleaning, braces, fillings, and good brushing and flossing can go a long way in protecting overall oral health. But what about more advanced treatments or cosmetic procedures? This is a question residents of Bloomfield Hills should ask the local cosmetic dental care professional – Dr. Vincent Buscemi of Buscemi Family Dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry services in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, have never been more accessible!
Are cosmetic dental care treatments right for me?
Cosmetic dental treatments may not be ‘medically necessary,’ but they can still significantly impact your overall dental health and mental well-being. There are several questions that should be asked and points to consider when talking to Buscemi Family Dentistry about dental care options that might work for you.
Here are some of the most common and important things to consider before choosing to have cosmetic dental procedures:
- Are my expectations reasonable? Even the most advanced treatments and the best dental care can only go so far. Knowing what can and cannot be done will ensure you are not expecting too much or asking for the impossible. This will help you from being disappointed at the end of the treatment recovery period.
- Can I afford it? Cosmetic dental treatments are often considered cosmetic because they are not essential to deal with immediate health issues. This means insurance usually will not cover them, so you need to be sure you can afford the procedure without putting yourself in a financial bind.
- What do I want to gain from the treatment? Every person is different, and their motivation or reason for seeking cosmetic dental treatment can be vastly different. Make sure you know what you want and your end-result goals so you and your dental care team can find the best treatment plan.
- Who will do the procedure? Choosing the dental professional to do your procedure is as important as selecting the treatment itself. The proper care will make all the difference in the treatment results and your recovery and feelings when all is said and done.
- What is the recovery time like? Every treatment has a different downtime and recovery prognosis, and the extent of the work you need to have done can significantly impact recovery. Make sure you are able to take care of yourself or have someone help you during the most critical part of the recovery.
- How long will the results last? Most cosmetics dental care treatments last a good while, but they will likely not be permanent and may need occasional fixing or redo years later. Your dentist can help you know how to best take care of your teeth and gums following any cosmetic procedure.
Get quality dental care treatments from the Bloomfield Hills dentist Dr. Vincent Buscemi
No matter what cosmetic dental procedure you are considering, whether it is whitening, veneers, implants, bridges, crowns, straightening, or anything else, working with a local Bloomfield Hills dentist is the way to go. Contact Dr. Vincent Buscemi today to learn more about the many cosmetic care treatments available. New patients can call (248) 654-8848 to schedule a consultation appointment.
Share this Article